In order to ensure system security and integration of renewable electricity sources, the requirements apply up to the level of generating modules (Generating Units) and the corresponding components.
Our experts are continually aligned with the TSO’s, DNO’s and certification bodies ensuring state-of the art specifications based on worldwide actual valid requirements for renewable power plants and generating units.
- Requirements for Power Plants: analysis and interpretations aligned and agreed directly with the TSO of on- and off-shore applications in the European, American and Asian markets.
- Requirements for Generating Units: analysis and interpretations aligned and agreed directly with the TSO or DNO of on- and off-shore applications in the European, American and Asian markets.
- Specifications for Power Plants: measurements-, modelling- and simulation plans and definitions, based on project dedicated standards
- Specifications for Generating Units: measurement-, modelling- and simulation plans and definitions, based on project dedicated standards
- Other Requirements/Specifications: dedicated to the compliance of prototype activities, project specific solutions, considering the optimal integration of the generating unit within the power plant connected to the grid
Main Grid Connection regulations, standards and grid codes:
No. REFERENCE NAME  GL2012-OFS Guideline for the certification of offshore Wind Turbines, GL Ed2012  VDN German Transmission Code 2007  BDEW Guideline for plants connected to the medium-voltage network, Ed. June 2008  SDLWindV Ordinance on System Services by Wind Energy Plants  FGW, Part 3 Measurements of Electrical Properties – Power Quality (EMC), Revision 23, dated 01.05.2013  FGW, Part 4 Modelling and Validating Simulation Models of the Electrical Characteristics of Power Generating Units and Systems, Revision 6, dated 07.04.2014  FGW, Part 8 Certification of the Electrical Characteristics of Power Generating Units and Systems in the Medium-, High- and Highest-voltage Grids, Revision 6, dated 01.05.2013  TenneT TSO Requirements for Offshore Grid Connections in the Grid of TenneT TSO GmbH, dated: 21-12-2012  50Hertz TSO NETZANSCLUSS UND NETZANSCLUSSREGELN, Technisch organisatorische Mindestanforderungen, Stand Mai 2008  NGET National Grid Electricity Transmission, THE GRID CODE – ISSUE 5 – Revision 4, 19 August 2013  RTE Réseau de transport d’électricité, Documentation technique de référence  ENTSOE Commission Regulation (EU) 2016/631 of 14 April 2016 establishing a network code on requirements for grid connection generators.  Danish Technical regulation 3.2.5 for wind power plants with a power output above 11 kW. Published UK edition, approved 10.06.2015  Dutch Tennet, Compliance activities in relation to Connection Requirements Wind Farms System Operations – Version V3.0 January 2014